For Perfume Developers & Marketers
- If the scent is good, bottle it!
- By Camel or FedEx, aromatics still travel globally
- Don't fall into the "essential oil" trap
- Can you afford to produce the great fragrance you just made?
- It's not a pyramid. It's not "one of each." You have to know what to leave out.
- Extracting yourself from a messed up perfume project :: Turning a failure into at least a small success
- Perfume Making -- the vital step people ignore -- which is why their perfumes tend to fail
- Small batch perfume production equipment
- A perfume formula can be valuable — very valuable!
- Perfume Formulas: find them, buy them, or create them — it's up to you!
- How many ingredients does it take to make a "real" perfume?
- Would a blind person select your perfume?
- The book was written but something was left out
- Rules for setting the price of your perfume
- Advertising results can guide marketing strategy – if you're willing to read them honestly
- What is a new customer worth to you?
- Database Possibilities
- When is the time right to spend money on advertising? When should you launch an ad campaign?
- Developing an idea for a new perfume... and how I'm going to sell it
- Early statistics from my Etsy adventure: setting up an Etsy store
- Can Etsy sell your perfume? It costs very little to find out and you learn a lot along the way!
- Sell your perfume on eBay? This is how you might make it work for you
- Money back guarantee to get more orders? How likely is it to work for you?
- Test – Question everything – guard your money!
- Launching a new perfume in an uncertain world
- Starting a perfume business with a shop of your own
- Acquiring inventory for your perfume store
- "Advanced" merchandise acquisition strategies
- Creating perfume with dropper bottles
- Weighing your drops can get messy
- Into the big bottle: final production of the first batch of a new perfume
- The new perfume: thoughts and preparations for a small, limited launch
- Water in perfume: Why? What? How much?
- How to make your own perfume for under $500
- Media Possibilities
- Producing 135 ml of a fragrance oil
- The importance of a formula and a production "fail" Anyone who wants to share their perfume with others needs to record how it is made in a formula. But even when working from a formula, a stupid production error can spoil the whole batch, as reported here.
- Points to negotiate with investors in your perfume
- Here's one way to sell perfume ... marketing strategies aren't always nice!
- Selling Perfume Online: Some Possibilities — Sampling
- Three ways to mess up a good marketing opportunity for perfume
- Finding the right bottle for a men's cologne
- Four ways to create your own perfume
- Mixing Oil and Solvent to make a finished Fragrance when your oil is measured by weight and your solvent by volume
- Testing—from the past
- How To Write Your Most Important Business Plan Ever
- Hooking buyers, making sales, with love and grace
- How much can you tell me about your market?
- Sorting out social media and social media influencers to sell your own perfume
- How To Think About Selling Your Own Perfume
- Test your knowledge of your newly identified market
- Perfumer and educator Stephen V. Dowthwaite of PerfumersWorld, Bangkok
- This is the math you need to set up a profitable perfume venture
- Test the odds that your promotion will succeed
- A social network partnering strategy to sell perfume
- Eugene Rimmel The Book of Perfumes (1867)
- G.W. Septimus Piesse, The Art Of Perfumery (1857)
- Jean Carles: A Method Of Creation In Perfumery
- How To Write A Business Plan (U.S. Small Business Administration Guide)
- All about Someday by Justin Bieber
- Honey Lips Kiss Macaron Au Cassis — the formula
While much is written about perfume – the beautiful fragrances... the beautiful bottles – little is available on the "mechanics" of perfume production – the steps that take place on the "factory floor" where a beautiful vision is turned into a finished product, a "ready to sell" perfume. Now you can experience all of these steps, hands on, by making just one quart of your own perfume. If you follow each chapter and do what you are instructed to do, you will end up with from 8 to 64 bottles of your own perfume, depending on the capacity of the bottles you select. Along this "insiders journey," each step is profusely illustrated with professional color photographs and you'll learn — • Exactly what alcohol you'll need and where to get it • Why you'll want (just a little!) water in your perfume • What type bottles you'll need and why you cannot use others • Why you will use a spray and not a cap • How to fill and seal your bottles • How to label your bottles with the correct information so they will be legal for sale • How to select a name for your perfume that will allow you to acquire powerful trademark rights free. If you are a developer of scents you are encouraged to use one of your own for this project. If you are not a scent creator yourself you'll learn how to get a fragrance oil that is exactly right for this project. Online sources are given for all required supplies and materials. Nothing can hold you back from starting your project immediately!
Perfume is famous for the markup it can achieve, even for a middle market fragrance. While "everybody knows" that perfume costs next to nothing to make (not completely true) the making of it is often considered an esoteric secret. "Creating Your Own Perfume With A 1700 Percent Markup!" details how a 3-person company with no experience created their own fragrance in response to a marketing opportunity that was too good to pass up. The book explains exactly what was done to create a fragrance for that opportunity but it is far more than a history of the author's project. "Creating Your Own Perfume With A 1700 Percent Markup!" lays out every step in the process of creating your own perfume, either as a do-it-yourself project – and without the benefit of automated equipment some compromises and workarounds are required – or full bore professional production under your supervision. Either way you will be producing a quality fragrance at a remarkably low cost. Do you have a marketing opportunity that would be wildly profitable if only you could obtain your fragrance at a ridiculously low cost? "Creating Your Own Perfume With A 1700 Percent Markup!" is the guide you need to do it.
Now when you make your own perfume you can make it fully "commercial" meaning you will be creating a product ready for regular, continuous sales to friends, relatives, and the public! If the fragrance you've made has already won praise, why not share it with others? Some might pay you for it and want it for their web stores or retail boutiques! Creating your own perfume from dropper bottles: Methods, mechanics, and mathematics guides you through steps that can turn your hobby project into a perfume business. Discover how close you are now and how little more you must do to take what you made with essential oils and dropper bottles into a business of your own! For an introduction to this book, watch this video.
You can build a perfume business of your own using this business plan as a guide. By following its detailed strategy you learn to identify motivated groups of potential perfume buyers. Members of these groups are near the tipping point of desire for a new perfume. You don't know these people and they don't know you but you know a marketer they trust, one who does not currently sell perfume and might never think of selling perfume were it not for your approach. Here is where you step in with a professional plan, promotion, and perfume to take advantage of this ripe opportunity for mutual profit. Before your first promotion has peaked, you will already be developing a relationship with your next marketing partner. Following this plan, you will gain more and more profit with each new marketing partnership.
A really great name, a special name that is just right for a particular perfume or perfume marketer (or entrepreneur with money to invest!) can be worth a ton of money. But few individuals with great ideas ever manage to cash in on those brilliant ideas. Instead they wait while others "discover" their idea, acquire legal rights to it and make all the money while they are left out in the cold without a penny having been earned for what was once THEIR idea.
If you are struggling to name your perfume and are looking for a name that will have real value, "Naming Your Perfume And Protecting Your Name" will help you weed out low value names and point you to names that have better marketing value plus the potential to become valuable assets in themselves.
If you have a great name you want to protect but no fragrance, "Naming Your Perfume And Protecting Your Name" will guide you through the simple steps you must take to acquire a legal right to that name before someone else grabs it! Best of all, "Naming Your Perfume And Protecting Your Name" shows you how to gain strong legal protection for your name without a lawyer and without spending more than pocket change.
Never had an idea for a product name? Never thought much about perfume? "Naming Your Perfume And Protecting Your Name" may stimulate your interest in a whole new game that, when played well, can make you lots of money without your having to leave the comfort of your home office.
When you name a perfume you create a valuable asset – the name itself. To sell your perfume you want the most effective name possible. But a good name can have value beyond the edge it gives your sales. In naming your fragrance you are creating a trademark and a trademark can have value independent of the product. The value of that trademark can vary. Much depends on how well, in naming your perfume, you follow the trademark "rules." How To Create A More Valuable Name For Your Perfume first helps you develop a name that will be effective in selling your perfume. It then prods you to make use of certain techniques that can turn a good name into a great trademark, strong and valuable. If you have questions about how to protect a name, How To Create A More Valuable Name For Your Perfume will answer many such as:
- Can you protect your name yourself or do you need a lawyer?
- Can you register a trademark without a lawyer?
- What does it cost to register a trademark?
- How do I enforce the rights I have established?
How To Create A More Valuable Name For Your Perfume covers both state, federal, and international protection.
For article updates, etc., add your name to Phil's mailing list.